RSPCA Sheffield Animal Centre is located next door to the MK, NCG Head Quarters, and so quite literally is a charity, close to our heart.
The Centre rehabilitates and rehomes unwanted, neglected and abandoned cats and dogs from across the city.
They charity does not receive any funding from the government or local authority and relies entirely on volunteers and donations to allow them to carry out their work and meet their operating costs.
When we heard they needed support to raise awareness about what they need, we offered our help.
Following conversations with the team members MK has worked to support the following:
- To build awareness of the charity within the local and regional community;
- To boost the reputation of the charity among target audiences;
- To increase donations and support the fundraising capacity of the charity.
- RSPCA workers
- Non-engaged influencers
MK has implemented the following to drive the PR programme:
- Establishing a media relations function for RSPCA, Sheffield;
- Driving and utilising social media, with emphasis on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for marketing gain;
- Promoting and building a following for the events programme;
- Empowering an ambassador programme internally and externally with key stakeholders.
Coverage highlights included:
As part of our involvement with RSPCA we coordinated with the team to organise a strategic social media campaign which we produced and ran, gaining the charity numerous followers throughout the month.