Tsuki was looking to enter the Sheffield market with ‘impact’, developing a brand presence among target audiences, building on the ad-hoc media relations / interviews to date, to generate positive opinion, and drive footfall.
MK was asked to focus on media relations to support a wider marketing offer.
The core objectives being:
➢ Increasing brand awareness and, in time, ‘loyalty’ among the target audience demographic;
➢ Positioning Tsuki as a unique, pioneering venue of choice for the people of Sheffield and its surrounding areas;
➢ Promoting the USPs of ‘bringing technology into hospitality’, alongside the authentic Japanese experience;
➢ Driving footfall to sustain sales and catalyst the all-important word-of-mouth endorsement;
➢ Supporting the ongoing marketing across the communication programme for the brand.
From the Mosaic profiling index, the following groups were identified:
➢ Thriving Independence: well-qualified older individuals with incomes from successful professional careers in good quality housing;
➢ Liberal Opinions: young, well-educated enjoying the vibrancy and diversity of city life;
➢ Contemporary Starts: fashion-conscious young singles and partners setting up home in developments attractive to their peers.
- To help generate intrigue, excitement and word-of-mouth around the opening period, MK developed a media briefing kit to support the standard press announcements;
- MK courted traditional, online and the blogger communities inviting them to a series of VIP ‘behind the scene’ events to see the venue, meet the team and witness the chefs in action;
- Ongoing reviews supported a sustained profile and ongoing press office function
- Key messages, photography and film supported the social media roll out;
- Engaging and building partnerships with local brands were established to support co marketing opportunities;
- Key events and exhibitions were identified and attended;
- Award entries.
Key performance indicators:
➢ Media mentions; audience; readership;
➢ Media mentions to contain key messages;
➢ Social media increases in engagement and following;
➢ Footfall – initial and sustained.
6 pieces of coverage secured including from publications such as:
The Star, RMC Media, Sheffield Telegraph, Exposed Magazine, unLTD Business and Insider Media
Examples of coverage secured includes: