The Floow – Innovative telematics technology provider announces the opening of its first US office at Connected Car Insurance USA
From its HQ in Sheffield The Floow has cemented its position as one of the leading organisations in the global telematics industry with MK acting as its retained PR consultancy since 2014.
Earlier this year The Floow’s marketing team briefed MK on the opening of the company’s first US office to accelerate its global growth.
As part of the drive to further raise its profile in the North American market – the largest insurance market in the world – The Floow would also be a Diamond sponsor and exhibitor at Connected Car Insurance USA in Chicago where the announcement of the new office would officially be made.
As well as publicising the opening of the new office and ensuring the success of the event MK was also tasked with using both as an opportunity to reposition the company in the eyes of its key audiences from ‘start-up’ to ‘established company of size and influence’ with the messaging across all PR channels moving forwards reflecting this step change.
In addition, The Floow was in the process of rapidly expanding its team in Sheffield – the company has doubled in size from 50 to 100 in just 12 months – so it was important that the US opening was positioned correctly to the UK press with an emphasis on continued investment and job creation this side of the Atlantic and, crucially, acknowledgement that Sheffield has helped to forge The Floow into the success that it is today.
To ensure maximum results from the investment MK and the marketing team employed a variety of tactics:
- Social media activity was increased to reflect audiences in different time zones and popular hashtags used by the American market were identified and deployed
- Blog activity was increased with news stories, media coverage, new appointments and successful case studies so that potential US customers could see at a glance what The Floow had been up to recently
- Speaker opportunities were secured at the event including a ‘fireside chat’ with an existing US customer so that the audience could hear first-hand the benefits of working with The Floow
- A dinner for key influencers was held on the first night of the conference with a menu that represented a ‘fresh take’ on classic British dishes to reflect The Floow’s ‘fresh thinking’ on telematics
- A press pack containing key announcements was compiled and issued to the media
As well as seeing a substantial increase in website traffic and engagement with content, The Floow also saw the number of impressions achieved on social media more than double when compared to a ‘business as usual’ week.
A number of qualified leads were directly generated by the event.
Meanwhile, media coverage appeared in titles in the UK and the US including the business, insurance and regional press.
Insurance Journal: Multi-award winning telematics company, The Floow, enters the US Insurance market
Insurance News Net: Multi-award winning telematics innovator The Floow opens first US office
Yorkshire Post: US move for The Floow as it targets global expansion
Sheffield Star: Floow opens in US motor city
Yorkshire Business Desk: Telematics company expands to Detroit